100 grams of carnanoli/risotto rice [or you can use any type of fragrance free rice]
100 grams of chestnut/closed cup/ button mushroom
If you wish you can use 1-2 tbsp of dried mudhroom
1 cup of white wine + 1 1/2 cup of vegetable stock or, 1cup of veg stock+1 1/2 cup of veg stock
One large chopped onion
2 tbsp of chopped celery
2 tbsp of chopped garlic
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1 bay leaf
1 tsp of dried thyme
1 tsp of olive oil
1+1 tbsp of butter
Salt nad pepper to taste
1. Heat the pan on medium heat and add oil and 1tb of butter.
2. Fry the onion for 2 mins.
3. Add the celery and garlic, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
4. Cook them for 1 min and add the rice and fry for 2 mins.
5. Now add 1cup of white wine/1cup of veg stock,simmer it until the stock/wine get absorbed completely.
6. Now add the remaiming stock and again cook for 5-6mins.
7. Meanwhile if you see the gravy became very dry add another 1/2 cup of veg stock/water and cook until the water get absobed and the rice become sticky.
8. Turn off the heat and add grated parmesan cheese and 1tbsp of butter, mix well and serve hot.
It makes 2 servings.