Monday, June 11, 2012
For 2 cheese balls:
2cups of whole milk.
2tbsp of lemon juice.
2cups of cold water.
1/2 cup of whole milk [2% fat]
1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
1/2tsp of black cardamom powder.
1-2tbsp of ground almond [optional].
One pinch of saffron.
1. Boil 2cups of milk and add lemon juice, stir continuously, when the fat separates from the whey water and 2cups of cold water.
2. Stain the whey water with a stainer and cheese cloth/disposable kitchen towel.
3. Drain the excess water by squeezing the cheese cloth and message the cheese/paneer for five mins.
4. Divide the cheese into 2 portions, give them round flat shape.
5, Now boil 2cups of water with 1 cup of sugar and add the cheese boll in the syrup, boil them for 5 mins on medium high heat.
6.Let them cool.
7.For malai, in non stick pan boil the condensed milk and whole milk for about 2mins.Turn off the heat and add ground almond and saffron .
8. In a serving plate add squeezed cheese ball and pour the malai on top. Serve chilled.